Check It: DADI |

 




Tourney Losses Continue

I had a helluva day yesteday. I woke up early, drove 3+ hours to upstate New York (Binghamton), met with a Judge for 15 minutes and drove 3+ hours home...only to leave my house immediately to meet some friends at a bar in midtown manhattan...only to call GCox from the bar to request that he sign me up for the Bodonkey...only to arrive home and bust around midnight when my AQ could not best 88. I had played well all evening and I had a decent stack, but it still paled in comparison to some of my other adversaries and I figured it was time to double up or go home. Apparently, I chose to go home.

I should also probably mention that I bubbled the Hoy the night before, thanks to three hands and a bad table. The long and short of it was that I had a decent stack when we were at the bubble, probably around 7th out of 9, with one real shorty ready to fall. Since we were playing a 6-handed tournament, I was at the table of 4 players and the other table had 5 players. I also had three of the largest stacks sitting with me.

The first fateful hand didn't even involve me. The shorty at the other table doubled up in a cointoss situation, weighted against his/her favor. Hey, it happens.

The second fateful hand saw my TT falling to AQ, in a hand that amazingly did not cost me more. Preflop there was raising, we both checked the KJ9 flop, I turned a straight with a Queen, I bet and he/she called, and then the river came down with a Ten, giving him/her a better straight. At least I didn't go broke there...

Now the shortstack with over 5k, I ended up pushing all-in in the BB with 99 over a raise from the button to 1200 or 1800. He/she called, showed KQo and flopped a King and Queen.

Lovely.

So, I lost, and it sucked, because I really felt like I earned a win with some of my play earlier in the evening. But it doesn't work that way, and to my credit, I was not too upset. I just accepted my fate and did my best to move on.

My world of pain continues, but I will tough it out as best I can.

Before I head off, I was perusing the interwebs when I stumbled upon a private tournament being thrown by those boys over at Uncle Chuck & Friends. It's open to everyone and scheduled for 4/20, so if hop on over to the Uncle Chuck & Friends blog and join those guys for what will likely be the most laid back tournament ever to hit the Blogging Dome. My guess is that there will be a lot of people timing out.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 9:50 AM,

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Uncle Chuck said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Come and check it out if you can make it.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Uncle Chuck is one of my favorite blogs to read these days.

Schedule permitting, I'll be playing in the 4/20 tournament. I just signed up...

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger MHG said...

Man, that tournament is going to be good times! I keep forgetting to make moves in Chess, thanks for the second, third and fourth lives. Looks like you've got one game in the bag, I'm hoping to split!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home