Check It: DADI |

 




Rush Rush

I don't have much time lately. I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get everything done at work and my post-work schedule isn't much lighter. Last night, for instance, I cooked dinner for wifey Kim, bro-in-law Mark, and his girlfriend Coco (nickname, people). The menu was my specialty, teriyaki skirt steak with red onions, served with sweet potato fries, corn on the cob and green beans (aka string beans). The dinner went over very well, but from the time I got home at 6:30 until dinner was served at about 7:30, I was going nonstop in the kitchen heat. No complaints, really, as it was nice to spend some time with family and friends, but by the time the couple left at 10pm, I was exhausted. Luckily, no online poker for me. It's the devil!

This morning I headed out to NJ for a deposition. I got back tot he office at about 1:30 and since that time have received a tidal wave of tasks from the Big Bossman. I'd stay late, but instead I make my return to the Wall Street Game tonight for two tournaments. I played there on Sunday, losing $160 in .50/1 NL, but having a great time the whole while. Since the $3000 online score, my results have been less exciting, suffering a string of losses broken up by modest wins, but I'm hardly concerned. I've heard it said that great players can expect to win anywhere from 60-55% of the time, so if I'm losing now, it isn't a reflection on skill, but rather on luck or variance. Truthfully, I'm going through a card drought, and I'm too active a player (read: I'm too stupid for my own good) to fold for hours on end.

I recently came up with the theory that my activeness at the table benefits me in homegame tournaments moreso than cash games. Part of it is my lack of fear of busting. It can be a big help in a tournament when everyone else is scared. It is, essentially, what allows me to overwhelm the table with my aggression. However, in recent cash games, I merely find myself getting into hands I don't need to get into. I'm not sure if I'm doing this any justice, but essentially, I just can't get people to fold as easily in a live game. My goal, I suppose, is also different, or at least it should be, but whatever the case, my live cash game has been fairly weak lately, so its something to keep an eye on for the future. Maybe I'll watch some High Stakes Poker on the computer to get some new perspective. I should probably read a poker book too, but I don't know if I can take poker guide books anymore.

On Friday of this week, I'll be flying out to Oklahoma for Okie Vegas. Until then, I'm just a hollow shell of a man waiting for time to pass.

I have an idea for another Which Is True post that I'm excited about. It addresses the valuation of different types of tournament wins, and I'm very curious to see what people think. I'd include it here, but if everything keeps going as roughly as it has, it'll make for a nice quick post tomorrow.

I guess that's all the drivel you get from me today. Wish me luck tonight. I'm fairly close to the top of the leaderboard in fifth place after one showing, and if I can take the top spot by cashing twice tonight, I'll be a happy man.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 3:55 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home