Check It: DADI |

 




Opening Day

Hi folks! If you're reading this...I'm quite amazed. Because as of right now, I am merely starting this Poker Blog. The reason? Well, because I was at work reading someone else's poker blog (the Intrepid Card Player & the Tao of Poker) and thought to myself, 'I can do that.' It seems like a good way to keep a running journal of my poker. Maybe I'll learn something from my ruminations. Maybe I'll learn something from some reader feedback...if anyone ever reads this.
For the folks who have stumbled upon this blog and don't know who I am, I'll give a brief rundown. My name is Jordan. I'm new to the world of blogs, so excuse me if I sound like a douche bag. I'm a NY lawyer, just starting out. During an interview while searching for my first job, I got rejected by a lawyer who said that I didn't show the passion for law. I thought I had the passion for law. I mean, I like law, I always wanted to go to law school, and I love Judge Judy. Over a year passed, during which I did get a job, but also found myself playing more and more poker. And then, about a week ago, I realized something. My passion is poker. So, this humble lawyer is hoping to one day go professional. It will be slow going, because my addictive personality is luckily kept in check by my anal retentiveness. So I don't see myself ever spending more money than I can comfortably lose on Poker. Until, that is, I can make the full transition. Until then, I'll keep playing whenever I can, learning through experience, books, and any way possible.
I'm going to keep this posting shorter than I planned. I started typing, but couldn't stop. So, this is all for now. In the next few blogs, I plan on posting stories on my past poker experiences. I hope you all enjoy...of course, "you all" right now is just me. But soon enough...

Jordan
Your Highness of Poker

posted by Jordan @ 2:14 PM,

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

Best of luck with your blog.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger The ICP said...

Thanks for reading and good luck with the blog! It's been a lot of fun for me!

The ICP

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thank you Pauly and ICP. And let me just say that I owe both of you much thanks for inspiring me to start this. I only hope that my blog can prove as interesting and well-written as yours. For any readers, check their blogs out. Both are good reads with very different styles.

 

<< Home