Check It: DADI |

 




Whatever Comes to Mind

Maybe I'm being a bit too sensitive, or maybe I'm not being sensitive enough, but all you folks complaining about the BBT3 really need to some your whining. How many posts do I need to read on how mean table chat is forcing a mass-exodus from the BBT3. Just face the facts. Mean Girl chat or no Mean Girl chat, the BBT3 pools have been the largest ever, and suggesting that it is not worth Al's trouble to host such an event is not only a kick in the sack to all bloggers, but is a swift kick in the apple sack of the One Man Party, AlCantHang. I know it isn't what you are trying to do (and that addresses multiple people, so no need for you, individually, to defend yourself, but feel free), but it's what you are doing. If enough people say something sucks, it eventually becomes true, so, once again, suck it up or walk, but try not to complain your way out the door.

People are mean. Get used to it, pussy.

I have some hot plans for tonight. Wifey Kim is getting some bridal party dress sized tonight, so I'm raging solo. Sadly, that may merely mean sitting at home in my BVDs playing online poker. I would join the $1 Rebuy Donkarama, but I'm broke at FT aside from tokens. It's all part of my Only Play Token Tourney strategy at FT. Basically, I only play token tourneys. Why? Because I like em. The only shortcoming is that it makes my options at FT somewhat limited. Fortunately, I have fundage at Stars (where I moneyed in a Razz MTT yesterday in 15th/120) and Bodog. In fact, if anyone wants to swap a small amount between Stars and FT lemme know.

Things went exceedingly well yesterday with Bossman at his trial, but during lunch he offered me a suggestion that I come into the office every other weekend to do a basic case status update for all of my cases. Such suggestions sound an awful lot like mandates, and even though I was planning on coming in anyway, having it 'suggested' makes me disdain the idea. I'll still be here come Sunday, though.

I was in the can today, listening to Ron & Fez and playing Backgammon on my iPod Nano while evacuating myself. Someone walked into the john and seemed to stand at the door of the stall next to mine. "Are you in there?" he asked, in a deep, creepy voice. I took off my earbuds and listened, to determine if he was talking to me or not. I felt my door rattle and then heard, "Sorry." I heard him ask again, "Are you in there?" and then open the stall next to mine. He made some other statement, half to himself and then said, "Was that you? Sorry." I finally responded, "No problem." Then I shut off my iPod, left the stall, washed up and left as fast as possible. What a freaking psycho. It didn't help that he was moaning the entire time I heard him dropping his dueces. It sounded like water shooting out of a stopped-up hose. Freak!

If anyone can offer some advice on how to set up a private tournament at FT, it'd be greatly appreciated. I have something in mind coming up, but FT didn't respond to my emails for help.

Not much else is happening in my world, so I'll end this quick instead of dragging it on.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 3:35 PM,

9 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger F-Train said...

It's not about not being used to people "being mean". It's about the expectation of where/when people are going to "be mean". If I wanted to be called 14 different kinds of d-bag in the chat, I'd just play any old $10 lol donkament. There used to be an expectation that blogger tourneys were different.

Maybe it's just a matter of recalibrating *that* mindset and accepting that the average blogger tourney is now no different than any other $10 tourney. That's kinda sad.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger lj said...

f-train, i will only call you 12 different kinds of d-bag, i promise. :-)

jordan, if you want to trade shoot me an email.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just email the details of the of the tourney you want to setup to:

privatetournaments@fulltiltpoker.com

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

FTP support is ignoring your emails for help?

surprise surprise

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

People are mean. Get used to it, pussy.

So we shouldn't be upset about how people are ruining a good thing, we should just suck it up and let the whole thing get flushed down the toilet, right?

I shouldn't speak up, demand that the behavior end, or confront those people when I'm playing in tournaments, then?

Fuck that.

If people want to be mean, they can be mean. But, when they try to fuck up things I enjoy, I tend to get pissed off about it. Especially when it involves my friends and things that I've come to love and appreciate. If they don't like it THEY can go somewhere else. I shouldn't have to leave something I love because some other asshole is showing their true colors. I shouldn't have to shut my mouth and "just deal with it" because it happens in other places.

If there's a standard, or if nothing else an expectation, of how people should behave, then they should be held to it.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Wolf, you assume that you can get those people to leave or change their behavior. I doubt any of the Mean Girls (and to tell you the truth, I don't know who we are talking about specifically, since I've cut down on my BBT3 for other reasons) are going to change, so you have two real options, which is dealing with their behavior or leaving the games. You can speak up all you want, but it will fall on deaf ears and all you will be doing is besmirching the object of Al's hard work.

Hey, but really, you have every right to complain, so complain away.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ the bathroom debacle... funny (because it didn't happen to me!)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Jordan, when did you become a tough guy? I find it funny that you are calling people pussies. Haha! Serious, get real, man. I know you need the traffic and all so you create some controversy. But I think you are missing the point, young buck. It is $10.00 dollars and all these people use to get together for fun times not to scream and yell at one another. Now at the next blogger gathering who is going to want to come? Also, someone is going to end up like the dead black guy above. Serious.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Um ... regarding the bathromm story ... um ... he wasn't tapping his feet in that stall next to you, was he?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home