Check It: DADI |

 




Recovery Period

Every time I return from a poker trip, I take a several day hiatus from poker. It's as though my body has reached the poker saturation point and any poker just feels like its too much to me.

The Vegas WPBT trip has been no different. As of yesterday, I had been away from the tables for about a week aside from a random SNG, which just confirmed my feeling that poker needed to take a break. It's an interesting phenomenon, especially since I consider myself to be a poker degenerate. Regardless, when I need these poker hiatuses, it is seemingly entirely out of my control. I'm like a fat kid at a buffet. Even though I love to eat, eventually, I just can't take any more.

Its just about ending, though, and its about time too. The planets are aligning and the result is an infusion of funds into online poker. It's the methadone of poker, but methadone serves its purpose.

The best news of all is that I'll have money on Bodog for the first time in over a year. If the waters are as fishy as I've heard, I look forward to a long, fruitful relationship. I also can't wait to get in on Smokee's Bodonkey tournament. Its an amazing value, and it also reflects the power of the WPBT. By WPBT, I simply mean the vast group of interconnected poker bloggers. As a group (and with the help of AlCantHang and crew, we have successfully gotten FullTilt Poker to give us an almost $20k package to Australia, and Bodog to spend $600 per week to reap the benefits of our patronage. It's an amazing thing if you stand back and take a look. I've said it before, I have no illusions about myself; but by the same token, I have no illusions about this group and if nothing else, we get ours.

So, I'll be playing online poker at Bodog hopefully for the time being. And in the meanwhile, I will be gearing up for some more live 3/6 Hi/Lo mixed games at the Wall Street Game on Wednesday and poker in Atlantic City for a very special holiday episode of High on Poker.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 8:12 PM,

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

What? No link?

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I added your link...just not where you'd expect it. Booya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home