Check It: DADI |

 




My Special Valentine

I posted earlier about crossed queens. Well, I suppose I should take a second to discuss my queen of hearts, wifey Kim. I can bore you all with general statements about how great she is, but I'll cut the crap and lay it out for you. I'll keep it poker focused.

Wifey Kim does not play poker. She is not interested in the least. Yet, she has always encouraged me to follow my dreams. I mentioned this here probably in my first 3 mos of blogging: One time, I was sitting in bed and wifey Kim (then fiance Kim) was standing at the wall mirror doing one of those things that girls do when staring at a mirror. Out of nowhere, a thought popped into my head. "Kim...ah, nevermind." She asked me to continue, so I did. "I know this might sound stupid, but I want to be a professional poker player." Now, as an aside, let me say that my recent run of bad luck/play (I'm inclined to think that it has been 90% luck, 10% play), has not deterred me. I think I have the base skills to make money playing poker. But I plan on taking a very slow approach, earning my way up the ranks.

"I want to be a professional poker player." What an absurd statement. Her response: "You should go for it." I couldn't believe what I heard. My (then) future wife was encouraging me to gamble with our combined future. "Are you serious? I mean, are you just saying that because you know I won't follow through." "No, I mean it. You can do it."

I'm still floored when I think back to this conversation. She is so supportive, even when I crawl into bed feeling dejected after losing a mere $20. This is (one of the reasons) why I love wifey Kim. She loves me enough to understand where I am, where I am going, and how I want to get there. And she encourages it all.

That, and she bakes me cookies.

I suppose it doesn't hurt that she's a piece of ass, too.

Happy Valentine's Day!

posted by Jordan @ 1:45 PM,

10 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lucky to have support, my GF wants me to withdraw my bankroll so I can buy appliances and couches to furnish our new house!! :) I think ill just bring home a plasma and see how it goes. Keep it up the hard work and great blogging and you'll be a pro in a couple years.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, nice post. It really is true what they say about us poker bloggers "marrying up" for the most part. Lord knows it's true with me. Mrs. HammerPlayer doesn't exactly *love* that I play poker online, but she is okay with it and even lets me take over the computer every single night at an earlier hour than she would otherwise like to give up the PC. She is good like that.

See you tonight at WWdN?

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger wives are hot.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boyfriend doesn't play poker at all but is beyond understanding when I crawl into bed at 7am after playing all night. When the first thing I say when I wake up is 'I flopped a boat and someone else flopped quads', he has little idea of what I mean but hugs me and tells me it's ok anyway.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Joaquin on this one. Blogger wives, from what I have seen, are hot.

HammerPlayer, get yoself a wireless Internet and two computers.

Karol, it is uber ironic that a female poker player would be with a nonpoker player, at least to me. It seems like everyone and their brother are playing nowadays.

RiverRun, I'd suggest you should kick that bitch to the curb, but I don't know her, so I'll trust your judgment and assume that she has redeeming qualities. I'm joking of course. It's 100% understandable why any non poker playing GF or BF would have difficulty understanding how poker players can win money but insist on keeping it online.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree that blogger wives are hot; especially mine. She also is very understanding about me playing poker and knows that I would like to make it big someday. Toward that end, she got me Phil Gordon's "Little Green Book" for Valentine's Day. Does she rock or what?

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my GF is hot, and she feels as though I'm good enough to play poker online, but she just wants to make sure that time she is around is meant for her. That means I play when she's teaching at night (local private college) and after she goes to sleep. Oh well. At least she's hot! Congrats to you, Jordan, and every other blogger out there who's got a significant other who if not supports these demented habits we all have, at least tolerates them!

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very special Jordan! Men loving their wifes are very impressive!!

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Waffles having same dream in a weird kinda way!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, thanks for the support buddy! ;) I think ill have to break down and buy something that she can see and touch...adult toy store here I come.

that will teach her!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home