Check It: DADI |

 




Reality Check



I'm back in NY, but I'm feeling Bora Bora. My honeymoon was spectacular, and on my way home, I felt like it was time to head back to the States. Now that I am back, reality is setting in, and that just sucks.

Pre-wedding, I sunk about $110 of my bankroll playing sloppy poker. Actually sloppy and bad beat poker, a deadly combination. Last night, I lost 15BB, which isn't a big deal, until I consider that I was playing 2/4, for a $60 loss. That brings my bankroll around $300, again. Ug! I think I am going to switch to SNGs as soon as I finish my Titan PSO Bonus, (Referral Code: HighOnPoker!)

My losses last night were mostly due to 2 things: lack of time and bad luck. I hit a straight only to lose to runner runner flush. I hit two pair to lose to a higher two pair. This in and of itself is not a problem. In fact, it IS the game. But I couldn't stay on long enough to get my money back from two particularly aweful players who were begging me to take their cash.

As a result, I have decided a few things. FIRST, I will wait until I have time to play for at least 1 hour before I play again. SECOND, I will drop to 1/2, assuming that is where I should be according to the Limit Challenge structure. THIRD, I will reconsider moving to MTTs and SNGs for a while.

I have to cut this short, but I wanted to add that I am currently in the middle of One of a Kind: The Stuey Ungar Story. Let me just say that this has been another eye-openning book. In fact, it may make me reconsider my game and lifestyle. I am in no way the problem child that Stuey Ungar was. But, a lesson can be learned from reading about the tragedy that his life became.

My name is Anito Montoya, you've killed my Poker. Prepare to die.

posted by Jordan @ 12:54 PM,

7 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahhh good old Wesley.The greatest movie hero of all time.
Welcome back.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Dude, you put on a wife-beater with the rest of that outfit and you are set at the Redneck Riviera.

G

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Oh, I had wife-beaters aplenty. Looks like I know my Okie-Vegas wardrobe.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Your thought on level of play are good. Drop back until your bankroll is better able to handle the swings.

I decided to play only SnGs this month and I've had mixed results. I'm basically just breaking even. You may want to just mix it up a bit. Limit vs NL.

Once your bankroll is back over $800 then go back to 2/4. I typicaly won't play a level without at least 200BB just to be on the safe side.

Welcome back to reality. The honeymoon may be over but you got a lot of years left!!!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Jordan,
You've been gone for a while, so I don't expect you to notice, but I totally ripped your Limit Challenge and created a SNG Challenge using your info. I'm such a hack. But damn I think it's a good thing.

And by the way, I wrote a post that blogger ate, and in it was the following sentence...

At this second, I envy Jordan beyond belief.

Welcome back you bastard. I want to see more pics.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks Trip. Congratulations to you on your Poker Stars Blog of the Day pick. It's well deserved.

Let me just say that while I have sung the praises of the Limit Challenge, it is not my creation. I got it from DNasty, who got it from DoubleAs. I'm not even sure if he got it. That said, I may also steal your SNG Challenge format. Personally, I've found the limit format invaluable in controlling my bankroll management, and encourage all others to at least check it out.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

thx Jordan. it was sweet to get that...now i gotta decide what to order from their site...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home