Check It: DADI |

 




Lightning Round

I have so much to blog about and so little time. So let's do a lightning round.

HUC2 is FULL. We have 16 competitors, and the brackets were set using the ole skool names in a hat. Go to the Heads Up Challenge blog for the brackets. I thank GCox, Coordinating Chair of the HUC, for assisting with the brackets and posting.


I am very sorry that DoubleAs posted his desire to enter the HUC2 after we filled up. He is now an alternate, in case another player is unable to play. DoubleAs was a competitor of the first HUC. He is also one of the few blogs I read to improve my game. It is with a heavy heart that I cannot accomodate him. I still have some possibilities, but I try to be fair with these things. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make this work. Suggestions are appreciated. As Commissioner of the HUC2, I don't plan on pulling many "executive decisions", but if I can get DoubleAs in without rocking the boat too much, I am going to make it happen.

Here are the rules, very quickly. You can start whenever you and your bracket competitor want. Play tonight, for all I care. Best two out of three wins. I expect a lot of the matches to happen before, during or after the Sunday PokerStars Freeroll. Right now, let's keep it simple. I will post 2nd round rules later today or tomorrow. I'm considering a slight alteration to allow in more players and money. Anyone in the HUC2 who have a problem with Round 2's format changing to Round Robin or to some other format, please email me. I'll keep it confidential. But barring protests, I may alter it slightly. In the end, the cost will remain the same and the skill factor will remain the same.

You MUST have a UB account, and if you are openning a new one, contact their customer service to request the ability to transfer funds amongst players. This will allow you to easily pay the ultimate winner of the HUC2. Matches are $5 HU, NLHE. Even so, you CAN play your HU match at a different site or for different stakes if you and your bracket competitor agree. If you don't agree, $5 HU NLHE on UB is the standard.

I need all players to EMAIL ME!! (brodybanky@aol.com) so that I can make one master email list and help coordinate matches. If you don't have AOL Instant Messenger and/or Yahoo Messenger, I suggest you get those free programs too. I personally have both. GCox has Triskelion or something, which allows you to contact users of both programs. Please take care of this ASAP. Email me with your screennames on UB, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger. Do this ASAP.

I played at the Genoa Card Club in NYC last night. The first time I went there, I placed 3rd out of 15 or so, but only top 2 spots paid. The next time, I chopped 1st and 2nd, out of 21 or so (11 competitors, 10 rebuys). This time, I took 2nd again out of 17, for a $240 profit. The payouts for 1st and 2nd were approximately $480 and $200. When we got down to heads-up, the other guy had 5x more chips than me at least. I know that Genoa likes people to make deals so the dealer can be used elsewhere or take a break. So, when talk of a deal came up, I made it really simple. "I have no problem playing it out. But, if you want, I'll take $280 and you get $400." This way, I get an extra $80 and he still here's that all important "four" (as in "four hundred"). He agreed, as he was tired anyway. I could've taken him, but I wanted to lock in my profit. I skipped the NL 1/2 game afterwards because most players had more than 300$ in front of them and I wouldn't play for more than $100. More details later, including some hand analysese.

Have you ever danced with the devil in the poker of the moonlight?

posted by Jordan @ 10:36 AM,

6 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger TraumaPoker said...

This is my offical protest that I have to face the man running the HUC in round 1. Can I get a redraw?

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

You get nothing but a beating so severe you'll wish you never heard of the HUC2!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

And possibly TripJax in the second round. Booya!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

I'm more than a little surprised that you took a deal without playing out the final hands. Perhaps it was late and the "new" ball and chain attached to your ankle was wearing you out. Or, perhaps you could hear the cracking of the whip off in the distance by "wifey" Kim, huh?

G

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Email sent! :)

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Game on! Finally..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home