Check It: DADI |

 




The Slaughterhouse

Last night, I was slaughtered in the Heads-Up Challenge. 0 for 4, baby! Losses to GCox, DoubleAs, WillWonka, and Mourn. Some of the losses were due to poor play on my part. Some were due to some terrible luck. For instance, against Mourn, I held A3 and flopped A33. Mourn held AA. Against DoubleAs, I held AK, and flopped 2A7. DoubleAs held the hammer!

So, I'm pretty much out of contention. DoubleAs half-jokingly floated the idea of making the first round best 2/3 per heads up match. I agreed with the basic concept (before my 4 losses, no less). However, I can't justify changing the rules that drastically, especially now that I'm 0 for 4. Maybe next time, or by unanimous consent.

I have to avoid chases losses. I usually feel like going for another round, but I know I would have been better off if I waited a day between losses. Que sera.

I am stopping by my new firm today. I'm a bit nervous, but I know nerves won't do me any good. I have to remember that confidence is 90% of everything.

Finally, I may be playing at Robbie Hole's tonight. Love that poker!

posted by Jordan @ 10:08 AM,

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Keep your head up. 3-4 might still get into a playoff, if you decided not to do best 2 out of 3.

You ran into the variance police last night. You'll get it back.

G

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

I agree with the 2 out of 3 thing as I've posted in other places.. Maybe next time..
Thanks again for getting everybody together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home